OpenOffice.org Portable is a free and complete set of office applications. It is a packed ready to use portable program. It contains spreadsheet, word processor, database, presentation tools and drawing packages. Therefore, it allows users to work on their documents on any computer through using USB flash memory.
It is fully featured to work well with other applications such as; word perfect, Microsoft Office, Lotus among other office applications. OpenOffice.org Portable is easy to navigate and quite rich in features. It performs almost all the functions in an office suite perfectly. It can be used as back-up to PC applications or to replace a laptop especially when traveling.
- Components: it comprises of six different components, which are; word processor, vector graphics editor, spreadsheet, presentation program, a math tool and database management program.
- Operating systems: the latest Portable OpenOffice.org to be developed was available in a wide range of operating systems that include; Mac OS, Windows 98 and ME, Windows 2000 among others.
- Fonts: it includes fonts like; DejaVu, Opensymbol, Gentium fonts, Liberation fonts and Bitstream Vera fonts. In addition to this, it used the default fonts of its operating system. It contains font work that allow users to create stylized texts with special effects that differ from ordinary texts.
- Extensions: it supports third party extensions that are over 650.
- Open office basic: This programming language is similar to Microsoft visual basic for applications.
OpenOffice.org Portable is a fully featured office suite that works well with Word Perfect, Microsoft Office, Lotus among other office applications.
Openoffice.org Portable is similar to Microsoft Word. The only difference is that it allows users to create and edit documents and web pages. Its calculator that is used in solving the spreadsheet is analogous to Microsoft excel. However, it does not have any equivalent to Microsoft Outlook application. This means that OpenOffice.org Portable is not different from other applications of its kind. It is simply an advanced version that can be used in the place of other applications that perform the same duties.
Openoffice.org Portable is a well-documented program. It has a unique wizard style interface that enable customers presentations. However, the thing I like most about it is its possibility to customize and improve your current suite with new extensions and templates that are downloadable from the developer’s site. I would say that it is a decent alternative to other applications like Microsoft Word. It has made a great impression and therefore, it is worth giving a try.
About The Apache Software Foundation
Sun Microsystems first developed openoffice.org portable from 1999 to 2009. Oracle Corporation took over from 2010 to 2011 after which its development was discontinued. Sun Microsystems specialized in selling computers, computers components, information technology services and computer software. In addition, they created the network file system and the Java programming language. Sun Microsystems merged with Oracle Corporation in 2009 and thus, Oracle took over the development of openoffice.org portable. On the other hand, Oracle Corporation is a multinational American based computer technology corporation. It focuses on developing computer hardware systems and enterprise software.
Write a review
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Antivirus scan result
This file was deemed harmless by 47 antivirus