Copywriters, wordsmiths, academicians and other users of Microsoft Word have ever faced the dilemma of recovering text under the .docx affix that has suddenly turned corrupt. To retrieve this copy, either in recoverable parts or whole, one requires software that has intuitive capabilities at handling Word and RTF files.
These are the versions that are distinct from the 97-2003 compatibility mode of Microsoft or doc. One of the best such programs available now is Repair My Word (Word Repair) whose range of capabilities includes retrieval of the text and conversion of the content to RTF.
The program comes with encodings that can enable the user of a corrupt Word document to decode the meaningless symbols that usually appear on the screen after trying to open the raw file. These supportive features include the following:
• The program is available as a free download to Windows.
• It works on versions prior to 2007. This means 6.0, 95, 97 and 2000, finishing with the 2003 version.
• It features a prompt to save content into the RTF format.
• The program allows users to save more than one file, at once.
• It has compatibility with all Windows OS versions from Windows 95, through XP, to Vista.
• The interface is quite simple for beginners, for one has only to prompt the retrieval command and then select the text to save from a preview screen.
• In short, this supportive software can either recover parts of damaged files or the whole document, depending on the level of corruption.
It has the following attributes on a comparative basis with the program under review. It performs scanning and retrieval functions of the damaged file on Word versions of up to 2013, but does not guarantee the degree up to which the recovered text will be clean. This is as opposed to the current program which indicates that one can only recover what the screen preview shows as the retrieved content. However, DataNumen also extends its search to other disks including those that play media on the computer. Because time that one spends in jotting down vital content is sometimes equal to a lifetime of effort, this product deserves a 100% rating on a score of recovering files of this caliber.
The software also manages to penetrate extremely corrupted documents, saves important portions, and sometimes all content. Additionally, it has light features, meaning that it does not consume disk space like some heavy-duty programs performing similar functions do. Additionally, it works with the Rich Text Format as an alternative saving mode for users who need a light file that hardly suffers damage. All of these functions gang up to make the software on of the best to have for users of Word versions going back prior to 2007.
The developer behind this product is GetData Software Company, which has been in operation, beginning 2001. It provides multiple programs for retrieval of data, with the product under the spotlight being one of the leading provisions, in its behest. The firm conducts its development work from Australia. Another provider of this technology is DataNumen.
Write a review
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Antivirus scan result
This file was deemed harmless by 47 antivirus